Mentors are vital to the Shadow To Shine.
Our mentees need mentors who they can trust to offer advice, introduce alternatives, challenge, motivate, inspire and encourage them to follow their dreams.
You will be required to provide a supportive, non-judgmental relationship in which each mentee can explore and realise their vision of what they want to achieve in life.
-Mentors are required to read and sign the Shadow To Shine safeguarding document and mentoring agreement form.
-Mentors recognise that our mentees come from a variety of backgrounds and some young people need more guidance and support than others so each approach should be personal.
-Mentors help raise mentees aspirations, attainment, self-confidence and their overall performance.
-Mentors offer advice, introduce alternatives, challenge, motivate and encourage them to follow their dreams.
-Regular mentors must commit to at least 12 meetings per mentee over the duration of 12 months.
-One off mentoring sessions can be arranged and will be packaged as an opportunity for mentees to have a Q&A session with an industry professional.
We Are Looking For People With:
- A positive, approachable, non-judgemental and patient attitude towards young people.
- A desire to help career development of young people.
- Good communication skills and a willingness to strengthen listening and facilitation skills.
- A respectful attitude towards people of different educational, economic, cultural and racial backgrounds.
- An ability to handle personal information sensitively.